Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

The First Noel

Dare I say it?... but yes its time to be sewing for the holidays, if not a bit late if  you have a really long list. I am just getting started and first out of the shoot is this wall-hanging in process.  Done with the OESD Zenspiration collection this is a modern take on an age old holiday sentiment.  The letters are 7inches high and the blocks are 9.5inches.

I have not as of yet decided how I am going to sash these but will be messing around with ideas today.   Ater piecing I think I will stipple quilt the background... but who knows.. hopefully inspiration will strike me.

While not traditional  in color the fabric is Fairy Frost and has a slight metallic sparkle to it helping with that holiday feeling.


The letters are wild and lavish.. really pretty much over the top but grounded by intense lines. I am really grooving on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh... I'm grooving on those too, they are awesome! I must have that collection soon!