Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Serging ahead


Today the mamas at SEW MAMA SEW ask why I would want another serger.. in fact they are so serious about the knowing our thoughts that they are giving away a serger!

As for me... i love my serger  but adding a second serger to my studio would mean being able to keep one threaded up with dark thread and another with light thread... or to have one set up for doing the ever so wonderful rolled edge while the other would be set up for regular serging.

Don't get me wrong.. I am blessed to have 1 serger but I used to have two and when I did it was SUCH a blessing to be able to bop between the two machines.. making sewing even faster and more fun.  Since no matter how easy a serger is to thread ( with some being easier than others!) it still takes time and totally kicks my sewing mojo in the tail when I have to switch back and forth a bunch of times.  When my second serger ( which use to be my first.. follow that?) died it was a sad day but I did  not understand how much it had added to my productivity.. I would LOVE to have that option back!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Two sergers would be nice. Three sergers would be even better. I am looking forward to following your projects.