Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Walking Foot woes and some clarification

I have had a couple of questions about the Retro-Fit kit for the Bernina Walking foot guide issue that some 830 owners have with their machines. 

 To answer these  questions:

YES!.. you can buy this stuff yourself.. please do!.. it's rubber tubing, often used for mower gas lines.  Just find the right size at your handy dandy hardware store and you are in business.

Does everyone need this?  NO!.. if your waking foot and it's guide and bracket fit on your machine you don't need it.. so don' buy it!

Why did you make this kit?  I created the retrofit to solve my problem, I let people know how I did it but some people did not want to have to hunt down the tubing, thus I made the little kits ( find the link on the right side of the page. )

How do I make this little kit work?.. ah.. glad you asked... how about you take a peek at this webacast for more details!  ( yep.. camera was tipped funny... sorry about that!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maddy- you are SO clever! I love this tip & want the kit on hand to help with a couple other feet I have for my 830 too!
Thanks- I love your cat too!