Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Festive Fall Embroidery

Fall really brings out the "nesting" urge in me so as the nights have been getting cooler I have been whipping up big and little items for around the house. This little pillow actually hangs in the house but I brought it out to the porch to get a nice sunny shot.

I am really happy with the way I was able to to use both machine embroidery and hand sewing in the same project. I think adding a bit of hand sewing gives a lot of projects a warmer feeling. The little pillow is filled with some batting I had hanging around and the lavender was grown in my garden this summer. The fabric is a rough woven linen and I just did straight seams and then pinked the edges. The casual ribbon rosettes are tacked down with the buttons that are from my near epic collection of vintage buttons. It's not much but it sure does make me happy when I see it.

No comments: