Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Jazzing up your hoody.

While embroidery is wonderful sometimes you want to add a bit more to an outfit. In this case I wanted to jazz up a plain gray hoody that I got on sale at Target. And what a better way than stealing an feature from this years ready-to wear.. lined jackets and hoodies are everywhere and while cute the prices on many of them are through the roof! This is an easy at home way to add a bit of flash for not much cash. I score double points since the fabric I used to line my hood had been marinating in my stash for the last...ummmmm 8 years! ( it was suppose to be a maternity dress!) I hope you enjoy the little tutorial! ** and yes.. if you sew nice and straight on the inner hood edge you will still have full use of your hoody draw strings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maddie,
I like the look of your hoodie, but can you still use the drawstring when it is finished (or does that just depend on how straight I can sew)?
Maria