Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Moving right along!

I bet you will be glad to see that that shop-talk go away ... I am happy say that I think we have the whole situation under control!




So onto the topic of the day.. Embroidery design collector or embroiderer, which are you? It's so easy to get caught up in all the great designs that are out there that we fail to use what we have to it's fullest due to time or lack of inspiration. Today I wanted to show you a project that I made and wanted to share with everyone.

Just in time for Fall I gave out this free PLAID BOO design here on the Fresh Thread Blog and a ton of you downloaded it. But now that you have it.. what have you done with it? Well I can tell you that it goes great on sweatshirts ( make it even more special by doing it in your child's school colors or in the colors of your favorite team!)
But maybe your house could use a little Fall " pick me up".. I know that mine could so I did the Plaid BOO on some nice weight linen and created a pillow with what I call raggy-fringe. It reminds me a bit of the cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz! This was a quick project and will sit on my sofa for the month of October with pride.
* Easy embroidery hint of the day - Run all the inner work of BOO in a variegated thread and save yourself three thread changes.. be done in half the time. Let today's beautiful variegated thread do the hard work for you!

No comments: