Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Peace , Love and ..... bias tape!


I am having the best time working with some really great baby-wale corduroy that is butter soft and perfect for fall skirts and jackets. Even better, it's given me an excuse to work with my new Simplicity Bias tape maker. While I know that reviews on this product are all over the map, I have been having the best time working with this machine and pushing the boundaries of what it's suppose to do. I am pretty sure they never thought that I would push it to make corduroy bias tape!.. but oh so much fun! and just perfect for doing a simple and comfortable bias waist on my new fall skirt! I had plenty left over so that I am now going to use it to embellish a jean jacket. To which I am going to be adding some groovy new designs ( hint-hint)
And of course the groovy floral print put me in a retro mood so I took off with that and made a little freebie design that I am using to make a "retro" pin-cushion for a dear friend who also sews. I thought you might like it too.
Please see the side bar for the Peace, Love and Thread file that is now ready for download. I hope you have lots of fun with it. I can totally envision putting it on a sewing bag or made up as a sweet door hanger for a sewing room door. * Please note: I have not had extensive experience with this stock font.. I find it a bit heavy in the inner turns so it may be worth slowing down your machines when at those points.

No comments: