Pages

Friday, September 25, 2009

Racing for the Cure

UPDATE: Thank you all so much for your generous donations. My husband went above and beyond his goal today. The race day was beautiful and husband ran an 8 minute mile for most the race.. He finished in 26 minutes and soon as I get the photos off the phone I will share them here.
I can't tell you how proud I am of my husband.. after rehabbing back from heart surgery 2 years ago and a broken leg last year he is back to running marathons at age 56!!. This year he has decided to dedicate his year of running to worthy causes. This Sunday he will be running for all the women ( and men!) in our lives who have been touched by Breast cancer. He will be running in the Susan Komen Race for the Cure here in Chattanooga.



This is the part where I ask for your help... so far he has raised $950 which we will be personally matching and his company will also be matching.. so for each dollar he raises it will effectively be $3 for the Komen Foundation. His goal was to raise $1000 during this race so he would then be able to give The Komen foundation $3000. He is $50 dollars short of this personal goal and I would love him to shoot way over that!So here is my offer to you!


1 comment:

Laurie said...

I would like to buy the Race for the cure design if you have it for sale.
price.laurie@yahoo.com