Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Go Me!


Well I will admit that I obviously did not know what I was getting into since I thought that it might take an hour.. maybe two to get it all folded, bolted and stored back... Ha!

ALL DAY LONG PEOPLE...ALL DAY!
It's done and it looks pretty dang good if I do say so myself.  Where a week ago it looked like THIS  today it's looking a lot leaner, meaner and a lot more organized!

Top shelf  - clothing fabric, most on homemade fabric bolts made from foam core board

Second Shelf - baskets full of sizable scraps and fat quarters sorted by color. ( the other container is all Kaffe Fassette fabrics since I LUV them so much!)

Third Shelf - vintage sheets, muslin and quilt yardage

Fourth- Felt and novelty/freaky fabrics

Fifth shelf- (mostly unseen) large containers with batting and other odd ball items.

Not bad huh???


and YES... I got rid of that UGLY light fixture.  The one I got is school-house style, very simple to the point of plain but a nice relief from the stained glass monster!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great Maddie, I love organized fabric! Heck I love everything organized :)

VickiT said...

Looks great. I know what you mean about how long that job took. I did that myself a little more than a year ago and it took me two entire weeks to finish. I kept thinking I'd stop and give up and just push it all back into the hiding places but what I had done to that point looked so nice it kept me going. I think it took me longer though because I rewashed, ironed, and then refolded the new way and then put into the closet on my new shelves or into the bins on my new shelves.

Robyn of Coffee and Cotton said...

Go You! Took me longer than 1 day to do my studio! And why is it it does not stay all pretty and nice?? Nooooo...I destroy as I create.
You Rock!

Anonymous said...

look how organized you are!

Nancy said...

It's kinda like a zen experience to pet all of the fabrics, isn't it? With commentary along the way such as "oh, I remember why I bought that fabric!" I couldn't sew for a year afterwards for fear of messing everything up.
Blessings,
Nancy