Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Where are the days going?

Woot!... new fabric.. this time Bari J fabric .. a nice big "Fat Roll" of her collection from last year.. this was bought just for making the cushions for my benches at the big farm table.. the colors are just right for the room and I am VERY excited about it.

I have also been all about the bias and the quilt binding for the last few days
Making what could be a chore lots of fun is my Simplicity bias maker.  This fun contraption helps iron bias at the speed of light.  But not just bias.. it can also do single fold quilt binding, which has meant it's gotten a lot of work of late.  It works best on 100% cotton fabrics and I run it on the highest heat setting. It folds and irons all in one step... above I have it shown with the upper heat plate off as I position the fabric getting ready for it's ride through the machine.  I am pondering a tutorial on how to get the most out of this machine... if you think that might be a help to you please let me know!


Oh.. also please note that as Summer comes to a close I am going to be redoing the free files on my sidebar and they might go away for a while or forever so if there is anything you want grab it before it's gone! :)

No comments: