Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

Doing the Java Jive

I have a lot of coffee drinkers in my life and with the holidays right around the corner I knew I was going to be buying a lot of Starbucks gift cards..but it seems a bit cold just to give someone a gift card alone ( agree?)..but most did not need another coffee mug in their lives since they drink most of their coffee from take-out cups despite there best efforts to be as "green" as possible. Thus the Java Wrapz was born!

Java Wrapz are an eco-friendly, personal alternative to the cardboard sleeves on take out coffee and tea cups. This item is a sure winner with not only folks who are trying to go green but for those who are coffee crazy or looking for quick easy gifts for a multitude of people in their lives. This is going to be a great craft-show seller... and low stitch count makes it profit friendly!
Included files are for the 300x200 hoop, the 6x10 and the 5x7. In the 300x200 it stitches out double files like below. In the 6x10 size you get a single Wrapz. The 5x7 version is an easy cut-n-sew pattern ( included on a full sized PDF file) that embroiders in the hoop on an easy to use template.

I wish you could feel how good these feel in the hand. That comes from using wool and wool blend felt for the Wrapz. I am a huge fan of wool felt and get it all at http://www.woolfeltcentral.com/.
The above photo is how the Java Wrapz stitch out in the big hoop. In the smaller hoop version you precut the wrap and then lay it into a template that stitches out onto tearaway in the hoop.

I am very excited to be making these for my friends who are sports fans.. I am using team fabrics that I found at my local fabric store in the applique circle.. perfect! For the folks in my life who are not sports fans I am getting different holiday or hobby theme fabrics. I found some great fishing fabric for my bil who always grabs a " cup of joe" on the way out to the lake. A varitey of sweet holiday prints just the right size for the applique circle can be found at your local quilt store in charm packs! This darling tree fabric is from the Moda, Figgy Pudding collection that I purchased at my wonderful local quilt store.. Lavender and Lime

Each collection comes with:

1) Applique-monogram-ready circle
2) A blank template
3)Groovy daisy monogram-ready Wrapz.
4) Coffee-Talk, two phrases sure to tickle the funny bone of any Java drinker.
5) Full color, printable PDF Java Wrapz instructions
6) Full size and printable Java Wrapz pattern for the 5x7 hoops version

As promised, also included in your purchase are two full color printable PDF files with two styles of Java Wrapz hang tags for your gift giving or business needs.

For the first week and the first week only I am pricing the collection at $10 after that it will go up to $20. The collection if for sale at my Big Cartel shop and is delivered by e-mail within 6 hours of ordering if ordered during regular business hours. Click here on Fresh Threads to learn more.

I hope you all enjoy the collection and much as I have.. I think it's just right for small gift for teachers, hairdressers and office mates.. I know that I am going to be making a lot of them this season!

















No comments: