Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

The girls are back in town!


One of my goals for the new year is do some more Charity sewing each month. I already do some but I wanted to spend this year doing even more. You see I lost my father Summer before last after a very long and courageous battle with 3 different cancers. He was a most spectacular man and each day without him at times seems impossible. One of his deep loves was St. Jude Children's Hospital and even as he lived out his last days he still felt it unfair that children should know such pain and he made me promise to maintain his giving to St. Jude and it's to him, my wonderful father, Richard Szot that I dedicate this collection.

I have turned to my Lovies as a way to honor and give back. $5 from each  Sweet Charity Lovie collection sold will be donated to St. Jude for the entire life of the collection. This five doll Lovie collection has been created expressly for making dolls for direct charity giving or for use as fundraising merchandise. These dolls differ from normal Lovies in that they are large size babies ( about 7 inches tall) and they are redesigned for even faster production in that they do not have the pocket and their faces are simple but sweet and fast sewing. 

The collection includes 5 dolls:

" Fight like a girl" Lovie for Breast cancer awareness

Awareness ribbon Lovie with an embroidered ribbon that you can stitch in any color you need for a variety of fundraising efforts

" Choose hope" Lovie in support of St. Jude - this one is close to my heart.

Simple heart Lovie, with a small heart on her chest,you can send your love where ever she goes ( not pictured)

Basic Lovie, Her sweet smile says it all. Use all sorts of wonderful but heavier fabrics to make this a special doll suited for sending to children who are in hard circumstances ( not pictured)


For More information about the Sweet Charity Lovie collection and how to purchase it  please click HERE

 

No comments: